Homebuyer Education, Partnership for Affordable Housing, Jefferson County, WV (PAHWV)
We offer the following classes; see PAH Programs page for details:
- Homebuyer Education Classes, also in Spanish
- Homebuyer Education Seminars: “Understanding Credit and the Homebuying Process,” through Jefferson County Schools Adult and Community Education (304-728-9237)
Successful Renters Program, Eastern Panhandle, WV
Created by the Housing Work Group of the Eastern Panhandle Health and Human Services Collaborative, the Successful Renters Program provides education and information about rental terminology; tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities; reading a lease; handling and storing important papers; money matters, including budgeting, saving, and credit; and legal issues.
Rosa Eggleton, PAH credit counselor and homebuyer education instructor, assists with the Financial Fitness portion of the program.
There is no cost to participate but prior registration is required. To register for the classes at Jefferson County Community Ministries, call JCMM at 304-725-3186.
- May 11, 18, 25: 12–2pm
- August 10, 17, 24: 12–2pm
- November 9, 16, 23: 12–2pm
See the SRP 2016 Calendar of Classes for the complete listing.
Money Matters, Berkeley County, WV
Money Matters, offered by a coalition of WV organizations, focuses on making smart money-management decisions. Information is provided on budgeting, debt elimination, credit management, and saving. A workbook is provided.
Classes are held throughout 2016, as follows:
- Second Tuesday of the month, Martinsburg–Berkeley County Library, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Third Thursday of the month, Telamon Corporation, 67 Aikens Center, Martinsburg, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Classes are provided at no cost but prior registration is required. To register, call 304-263-0917.