The Partnership for Affordable Housing is seeking a new Administrator (a contract position) following the recent retirement of Marie Galazzi. We are looking for a vibrant, experienced housing and community development person who is willing to work hard to grow the organization. See the job description below and download a printable copy. Those interested should submit resumes, including two references and a compensation range, to email@example.com.
PAH Contract Administrator Position
Management & Operations
One-year contract, renewable for up to three years without rewriting. Cancellation by either party – 30 days by Contractor, two weeks by Partnership.
The Contractor shall work with the Partnership Board of Directors, vendors, other contracted consultants and volunteers to implement, develop, administer, operate and evaluate Partnership programs that provide housing services and housing assistance to low and moderate income families and individuals in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, with a concentration on Jefferson County (Washington, DC Metropolitan Statistical Area).
• Serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors and as directed by the Board. Serve as ex-officio member of Board. Provide reports to the Board and other organizations as necessary.
• Prepare and administer agency budget in accordance with Board of Directors guidelines. Establish a firm financial base for the Partnership’s activities and programs. Seek and identify funding sources, complete applications and grant requests, and establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Work with contract accountant to ensure that required financial records are maintained.
• Manage and maintain PAH records, both paper and electronic, in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and grantee requirements. Be responsible for filing required state and federal registrations, including IRS Form 990. Ensure ongoing compliance with appropriate local, state, federal, regulatory and/or stakeholders’ standards.
• Develop collaborative relationships with other social service agencies and community organizations to establish referral resources and partnering opportunities.
• Recruit, orient, train and supervise volunteers and staff in program and outreach activities.
• Provide organization visibility through public relations and promotional efforts, including monthly news releases and other public relations functions, such as material for social media, fundraising, etc.
• Manage office, as necessary, to operate all program activities.
• Screen, review and serve clients for Partnership housing programs and/or refer them to other agencies for assistance.
• Be responsible for assuring that all contacts (telephonic, electronic or personal) are returned in a timely manner and that a log of services and activities is provided on a monthly basis to the Personnel Committee.
• Plan, develop and implement new housing programs and services with approval from the Board of Directors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years nonprofit leadership or management experience, including program operations and financial management.
• Experience in administering and developing housing programs.
• Experienced and successful fundraiser.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
• Broad knowledge of and strong commitment to PAH’s mission.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
• Proficiency in written and oral communication.
• Proficiency with computers and technology.