Martinsburg Housing Authority Opening Section 8 Rental Assistance Voucher Program
The Martinsburg Housing Authority has opened their public housing waiting list and is accepting applications for the Section 8 Rental Assistance Voucher Program as of 9:00 a.m. on Monday, December 12, 2016.
Applications are being taken by appointment only. Those interested should call 304-263-8891 or stop by the Martinsburg Housing Authority office at 703 Porter Avenue in Martinsburg, West Virginia to arrange an appointment.
The Housing Authority requires the following documents applicable to the applicants’ family or household, including children:
- Birth certificates
- Social Security cards
- Income verifications — wages, AFDC, Social Security, SSI, child support, alimony, unemployment, workers comp, pensions, sick leave, odd jobs, self-employment, etc.
- Verification of any interest, stocks, bonds, savings, and property owned
- Copies of bank statements from the last six (6) months
- Court orders for divorce, separation, child Support, alimony, etc.
- Copy of the most recent IRS 1040 form
- Food stamps, grants (e.g., LEAP, school grants, transportation payments, vehicle allowances)
- Medicaid card payments
- Life Insurance policies
- Child care expenses ( babysitter, Mountain Heart)
- Photo ID
If an applicant does not have all the required information at the time of their appointment, they will be given a list of items still needed and 30 days in which to return with them before the application can be completed and placed on the waiting list.
Income and Information release forms must also be signed and received by the Housing Authority Office before an application is considered complete and can be added to the waiting list.
Contact the Martinsburg Housing Authority at 304-263-8891 for more information.