The Partnership for Affordable Housing held our annual “There is Always Room at the Table” Soup Supper on November 3. Our event took place at the Charles Town Presbyterian Church, which very generously donated their Fellowship Hall and use of their wonderful kitchen space. More than 50 participants enjoyed soup, sweets, and a chance to win raffle items and a Gift Card Tree.
Together, our donors provided gift cards/certificates, arts & crafts items for raffles, lots of door prizes, and delicious soups aplenty!
Event Committee Contributors: Renny Smith, Chair; Rosella Kern; Dan Van Belleghem
Event Sponsor: City National Bank
Contributors: Alfredo’s Mediterranean Grille & Café, Bradford Hamilton, Chick-fil-A, Fred Dubay, Glory Days Grill, Grandma’s Diner, Hollywood Casino, Panera Bread, Joe Bourgeois, Shepherd University, Sherry’s Hair Design, Suzanne Ravgiala, Sycamore Pottery
Thanks to a very dedicated Board of Directors, who donated their goods, cooking skills, and time — and to Rosa Eggleton, our Housing Counselor, whose creativity and dedication shined throughout the event. As a result of all the hard work, we gathered donated items, gift cards, and soups valued over $1,400! We raised $1,132.82, of which Community Networks, Inc. and Jefferson County Community Ministries will each receive $300.
The Partnership for Affordable Housing offers:
- Homebuyer Education Classes in both English and Spanish — 100% of program participants receive their Certificate of Completion!
- Homebuyer Credit Counseling, providing budgeting skills, knowledge, and ideas to improve credit scores.
Our commitment to affordable housing extends beyond our own organization. Through community support, we are able to support our partner organizations by:
- Providing another year of matching funding to Community Network’s Jefferson County Leasing Program. This program houses and provides intensive case management to eight chronically homeless individuals.
- Through our “There is Always Room at the Table” Soup Supper — providing financial donations in the amount of $300 to both Jefferson County Community Ministries and Community Networks.
As the New Year approaches, we plan to:
- Expand our Housing Counseling Services to include Fair Housing and Landlord/Tenant Relations; and
- Launch our Critical Repair Program.
Next year, we are determined to do more. With this generous community by our side, we know we will succeed. Again, thank you for all you do to support the Partnership for Affordable Housing and our “There is Always Room at the Table” Soup Supper! Planning for the next event starts now! Keep this in mind as you are out and about shopping. What would you like to donate?
See you next year!